By Smitii Nayak.
The week of the Coachella is back! So all Coachella attendees, be ready for a weekend of great music, Cali’ weather and, not to forget, a whole lot of trendsetting festival fashion. The past few years of this world famous music festivals has been dominated by bohemian designs, but the scene this year is going to be different. This year, be ready for bomber jackets and western boots instead.
These five biggest trends are what you need to pack for a great Coachella cupboard. So this year, whether you’re swaying to the beat of the Chainsmokers or Kendrick Lamar, prepare to be dancing in style!
- Denim Shorts have long been a part of summer street style, but this year we’re taking it up a notch! High-waisted denims have come to replace baggy, hip-slung pieces. And they can also go with tops of various cuts and colours! What’s better? They are easy to pair up with everything from sneakers to boots- another festival staple, especially in 2017. Different styles can be chosen from black denim for an edgier look or striped shorts for something uncommon.
- Bomber Jackets have made a recent comeback on the style scene. Effortlessly cool and comfortable, they are the definition of comfort fashion. As the evenings tend to get chilly, you will want to pack one of these. Perfect with plain tops, they add colour and flavour to your outfit. New embroidery and unique detailing give them a fresh spin in 2017, perfect to complete your Coachella outfit!
- Crop Tops are a must-have at any music festival and Coachella is no exception. Crop tops come in various colours, prints and styles and every single piece can be used in an outfit from off-shoulder tops to bralettes to halter style crop tops. When paired with denim shorts, you have the makings of a festival outfit right there! Lightweight and contemporary, they are perfect for the weather and for a lively, refreshing look. Thus, you can kill two birds with one stone with this piece!
- Western Boots can be added to a bohemian look or a flowing dress instead of the usual sandals to spice things up. They have made their way into easy, everyday style. This way vintage can be mixed with a more modern element for an amazing outfit! This follows 2017’s trend of not wearing bohemian from head to toe. Western boots add a different decade to the outfit, making them an important part of it. So, a pair of these is a must have in the Coachella 2017.
- The Baseball Cap is the easiest way to shield yourself from the heat yet make an understated, but also chic fashion statement at the Coachella. This accessory isn’t given much importance and is hardly noticed, but sometimes it’s just what you need to complete an outfit that may otherwise seem lacking of something. The dad-hat can be easily incorporated in an outfit and can give it a cute twist, too.
This year’s Coachella is no longer a bohemian fashion show. Encompassing multiple styles into one festival-worthy outfit is what it’s all about and these are the very pieces that will help you perfectly embody Coachella!
Supporting Image: This image was originally posted to Flickr by Shoots Official. The image has been licensed for fair use by the creator under the Creative Commons license –Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0). No modifications were made.